Chicago’s Magnificent Mile is the northernmost section of Michigan Avenue, north of the Chicago River until Oak Street. It features dozens of high end shops, restaurants, hotels, landmarks, and other attractions. The “Mag Mile” may be one of the best destinations for shopping in the world!
Finding parking in this area of downtown Chicago can be frustrating and expensive if you don’t plan ahead. Our Michigan Avenue Parking Guide will help you break down the best parking solution based on your needs. Whether you’re looking to parking on the street for a short period of time, need a place to keep your car everyday for work, or just need a secure garage for few hours, we’ve got you covered!
Reserve Parking Near Michigan Avenue Online
Check out the best parking options along Michigan Avenue in the window below and use SpotHero to reserve a guaranteed space ahead of time!
Off-street parking is the perfect solution for anyone headed to the Magnificent Mile for more than a few hours. It can also be a great alternative to taking your chances on finding an open street parking space. The table below outlines some of the best parking deals near the Magnificent Mile, and their locations. Reserving parking spaces ahead of time helps prevent drivers from circling the block looking for available spaces. You’ll know exactly where you’re going to park, how much you’ll pay, and most importantly that a parking spot will be waiting for you on the other end of your journey!
|Name||Price Range||Online Reservations?||Nearest Intersection|
|111 E Chestnut St.||$11 – 9 hours||Book Now!||Michigan & Chestnut|
|Chicago Place Garage||$18 – 12 hours||Book Now!||Superior & Michigan|
|50 E Ohio St||$15 – 12 hours||Book Now!||Wabash & Ohio|
|321 E Erie St||$17 – $12||Book Now!||Erie & Fairbanks Ct|
|10 E Grand Ave||$15 – 12 hours||Book Now!||Grand & Wabash|
|806 N Rush St – Valet||$18 – 12 hours||Book Now!||Chicago & Rush|
Magnificent Mile Parking Overview
Best Nearby Parking: Before heading out, think about where on the “Mag Mile” you want to visit. Water Tower Place and the Hancock Building on the north end, for example, is literally a mile walk from say Michael Jordan’s Restaurant on the south end. Assuming a central location, the ROW Garage at 606 N Michigan (book on Spothero) is the best option for most people. It’s a large garage you can’t miss, and has great prices.
Free Parking: It’s rare, but there is free street parking near the Mag Mile stretch of Michigan Avenue. You’ll need to check all local signs to verify. Look out for signs about: street cleaning, temporary no parking signs on trees and building, tow zones, and metered spots. Try: 210 E Walton (2 Spots, north side of the street), Chestnut Street (west of Michigan Ave), or Ohio St (east of Columbus).
Michigan Avenue Parking Tips
- “Lower Michigan Avenue” runs the distance of the Mag Mile underground. There are a few underground parking options here that can be convenient because of low pedestrian traffic. It’s also convenient during events because you won’t have deal with road closures. These options are often cheaper than the above-ground options. Check out: 401 N Lower Michigan and 505 N Lower Michigan for underground parking.
- Make sure you check for “in and out” privileges for a garage if you intend to use your car and not have to pay to park again.
- If you park at a metered spot, download the ParkChicago app to replenish your meter without returning to your car.
Magnificent Mile Street Parking
The black dots in the map above show the locations of parking meters near Michigan Avenue. Street parking near Michigan Avenue north of the Chicago River costs $4 per hour. Click here for an interactive version of the map above.
Michigan Avenue Parking Map
Location: Superior St and Michigan Ave (center of Mag Mile)
- CTA – Chicago’s public transportation site with parking information near city trains and buses.
- Parknav – Helps parkers find the best street parking with real-time predictive data.
- ParkMe – Helps parkers find off- and on-street parking using full-time researchers and a predictive algorithm.
- Cityofchicago.org – City website with parking information, such as laws, restrictions, permits, and more.
- SpotHero – Find and reserve parking in advance with this free on-demand parking app.
- Parkopedia – Browse street and off-street parking rates with an interactive map.