The 2016 NFL Draft is almost here! The three-day event is Thursday, April 28th through Saturday, April 30th in Chicago.
The draft itself is a ticketed event held inside Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University. An interactive NFL Draft Town takes place nearby in Grant Park at Congress Plaza. Visitors to Draft Town will find interactive games, youth football clinics, and the chance to meet NFL players.
If you’re driving, parking in downtown is always tough, but this event will probably further aggravate traffic and make parking even harder.
To help, we rounded up the best 2016 Draft Town parking spots and tips, so that you can enjoy the draft pick without sweating where you’ll park.
Insider tip: Reserve parking in advance with SpotHero for parking at the 2016 NFL Draft and use promo code NFLCHI for $5 off for new users.
Draft Town Parking Map
10 Draft Town Parking Spots Under $10
1. 511 S Plymouth Ct (Lot) – $8, book parking
2. 1 E 8th St (Garage) – $5, book parking
3. 730 S Clark St (Garage) – $6, book parking
4. 644 S LaSalle St (Covered Lot) – $9, book parking
5. 711 S Plymouth Ct (Garage) – $8, book parking
6. 901 S Wabash Ave (Lot) – $7, book parking
7. 1101 S State St (Garage) – $5, book parking
8. 880 S Wells St (Lot) – $5, book parking
9. 601 S Dearborn St (Lot) – $8, book parking
10. 75 W Harrison St (Valet) – $8, book parking
NFL Draft Town Parking Tips
- Book parking in advance – Parking and traffic downtown are going to be hectic during the draft. Avoid spending half an hour searching for parking or getting stuck with an expensive rate by reserving a spot in advance.
- Be willing to walk – There are tons of affordable parking options just a 10-minute walk from Draft Town. The time spent walking will most likely take less than the time navigating traffic to get a closer, more expensive spot.
- Compare parking options – Do a little bit of research so you can find a spot that addresses what’s important to you, whether that be distance, price, or amenities like having in/out privalges if you’d like to leave your spot and explore the city.
Attending the 2016 NFL Draft Town
– Thursday, April 28, 12 p.m.-10 p.m.
– Friday, April 29, 12 p.m.-10 p.m.
– Saturday, April 30, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Chicago Loop, outside of Grant Park and Congress Plaza
Cost: General admission into Draft Town is free
NFL Draft Selection Location and Tickets: Roosevelt University’s Auditorium Theatre and Selection Square in Grant Park. See draft ticket information and pricing.